If you plan to sell your vehicle or trade it in for a new model soon, you’ll want to ensure that it looks its best – both inside and out. A great way to achieve this is by car detailing. Car detailing allows you to prevent interior wear, preserve your car’s clear coat, remove blemishes and scratches, and more. So, what is car detailing, exactly?
Car detailing is a process that focuses on restoring both the interior and exterior of your vehicle. While it can be done in your Scottsdale, AZ driveway, you can also explore professional car detailing prices at your local Vancouver, WA and body shops. Learn more about interior car detailing, exterior car detailing, and how to detail a car with Lapin Motor Co..
How to Detail a Car: What You’ll Need
Before you begin detailing your car, you will need the following items:
- Vacuum cleaner
- Surface protector for vinyl and leather surfaces
- Microfiber cloths
- Washing mitts
- A variety of small brushes (such as a paintbrush)
- Upholstery cleaner
- Carpet stain cleaner
- Canned air
- Car-safe cleaner
- Window cleaner
Exterior Car Detailing Steps
First, we will begin with detailing the exterior of your car, which includes the following steps:
- Deep Exterior Wash: Using water and a car-safe washing solution, clean the body of your vehicle with microfiber cloths. Swap out the cloths frequently to prevent dirt and sand on dirty cloths from scratching the surface of your car. Also, be sure to avoid cleaning solutions like household detergents, as they are known to strip off the wax on your car’s surface.
- Clean the Wheels: With the same solution you used to clean your car’s body, clean your vehicle’s wheels. You can also use a solution that is specially formulated for car tires. Use a small brush to clean out the dirt from the grooves of your tires.
- Wax the Exterior: After you clean your car’s exterior, you have the option to wax your car. Don’t forget to wipe off the excess wax with a small brush.
Interior Car Detailing Steps
After you have finished detailing your vehicle’s exterior, it’s time for interior car detailing. You’ll want to take the following steps:
- Carpeting: Start by vacuuming your carpeting. Scrub out any carpet stains with a stain remover and brush.
- Door Interior: Clean the non-carpeted parts of your interior with a solution made of soap and water. Also, be sure to open your car doors to clean the metal and plastic parts of your door jambs.
- Windows: Clean the inside of your car windows with a window-cleaning solution. Ensure it dries completely to avoid streaks.
- Upholstery: Vacuum your seats, then use a stain remover and brush to remove any stains. Open your car doors and allow your seats to dry completely to prevent mildew.
- Steering Wheel Column: Use a cleaning solution to remove dust and stains. Then, apply a surface protectant.
- Dashboard and Center Console: Clean cracks and small crevices with your small tools. Dry with a cloth.
Learn More About Interior Car Detailing with Lapin Motor Co.!
If you have any questions about how to detail a car, please feel free to contact us or stop by. We have two convenient locations in Portland, OR, and Scottsdale, AZ. We look forward to serving you!